New Haven Consulting Group is partnering with us here at the Massena Chamber to provide you with a Sexual Harassment Prevention Workshop online. This course will help employers meet the new New York State guidelines as stated below.
“Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training. An employer that does not use the model training developed by the Department of Labor and Division of Human Rights must ensure that the training that they use meets or exceeds the following minimum standards.
The training must:
- be interactive
- include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- include examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
Each employee must receive training on an annual basis, starting October 9, 2018.” – From NY.gov
This Sexual Harassment Prevention Online Workshop is only $20 per person.
For the individual purchase you will receive immediate access to the workshop. For the bulk purchase NHCG will send the purchaser a special registration link to be given to employees. Once the employee registers, access to the workshop is immediate. The workshop takes an average of one hour for an employee to complete.
Coverage for 2020
(Use this if you or your employees did not take a NYS mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevention Course in 2019. This will provide coverage from January 1st, 2020 until December 31st, 2020. Every employee in NYS must take this course, it is also recommended for business owners, board members, and volunteers.)
Coverage for 2021
(Use this if you or your employees have not taken the NYS mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevention Course in 2020. This will provide coverage from January 1st, 2021 until December 31st, 2021. Every employee in NYS must take this course, it is also recommended for business owners, board members, and volunteers.)
The NYS due date to have employees take this course is October 9th, 2020.
Sign ups will be available after February 1st, 2020.
A Sexual Harassment Course is Mandatory in New York State. It must be taken every year by every employee. Any employer with employees that have not taken this course can be fined by NYS.