New Haven Consulting Group is partnering with us here at the Massena Chamber to provide you with a Sexual Harassment Prevention Workshop online. This course will help employers meet the new New York State guidelines as stated below.
“Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training. An employer that does not use the model training developed by the Department of Labor and Division of Human Rights must ensure that the training that they use meets or exceeds the following minimum standards.
The training must:
- be interactive
- include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- include examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
Each employee must receive training on an annual basis, starting October 9, 2018.” – From NY.gov
The Sexual Harassment Prevention Online Workshop is $20 per person.
For the individual purchase you will receive immediate access to the workshop. For the bulk purchase NHCG will send the purchaser a special registration link to be given to employees. Once the employee registers, access to the workshop is immediate. The workshop takes an average of one hour for an employee to complete.
This workshop only covers employees for 2019, and will be available after NYS’s deadline in October 2019. The 2020 Sexual Harassment Prevention Online Workshop will be made available in January of 2020. Please do not take this workshop if you are looking for be covered for 2020.